Wednesday, March 26, 2014

5 Simple Fixes for Kitchen Clutter

1. Designate a drop spot near the entry you use most so that your mail, keys, purse and wallet don't end up on the kitchen counter or table.

2. Mount hooks for your keys.



3. Your gadgets are likely to end up wherever the chargers are so avoid charging your electronics using kitchen outlets. I have found that one cell phone charging on the counter is HIGLY likely to attract other what-nots like keys and lip balm. We keep our chargers near the computer.



4. Avoid decorative objects on your counters and center pieces on your table. Clutter attracts clutter. If you start with a clean surface, misplaced items are more likely to be noticed and, consequently, put away. Same goes for canisters - try moving them to a cupboard or pantry instead.




And last, but CERTAINLY not least…

5. Resist the urge to create a junk drawer. If you already have one, purge it and find homes (outside the kitchen) for all that "junk."

There you have it - 5 simple fixes for kitchen clutter. Easy peasy, stinky cheesy. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a junk drawer! So I am doing one thing right...kind of...sorta. I have a junk basket in the dining room which I think is actually worse than a junk drawer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have never met a basket I didn't love :)

    ReplyDelete