Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"Every Mom"

I like to think of myself as an "every mom" - not a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) or a working mom. I'm an "every mom." I simply refuse to assign myself to either category (stay-at-home or working) because they carry such strong implications... working moms are never home, and SAHM's don't work. Neither is true.

What is an "every mom" you ask? An "every mom" is one who is charged with the amazing (staggeringly overwhelming) blessing and responsibility of raising children. An "every mom" doesn't do it perfectly but she strives to do it with grace, joy and love. She wants to give the very best of herself to her family, and she wants to enjoy doing it. Does this describe you? If yes, you are my target audience. No? I suggest you stop reading as you will undoubtedly find yourself mocking me, and you don't want to do that, do you? That wouldn't be nice... and you know what they say, "If you don't have anything nice to say..." You get the picture.

Currently, I am not living up to the definition of an "every mom." I am not going to lie - I am surviving.

I have two goals. My first goal in starting this blog is to document my (hopefully successful) journey to finding that elusive balance between surviving and "living." My second goal, or hope, is that my documentation of this journey will help other "every moms."

I should also add this disclaimer: "There will be posts about my children." I love them. They are funny, and sweet, and everything I have ever hoped for. So, obviously I am going to write about them sometimes... o.k. - a lot. So if you are among the population that find "other people's kids stories" boring, I suggest you stop reading now as you will, again, find yourself mocking me.

So, that's that. You now know who I am, and why I am writing this blog. If it appeals to you, please visit again. Until then, live happily... or at least try to.

No comments:

Post a Comment